Data ___ Analytics Platform - Solution ArchitectJob reference: 145726BR
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Solution architect to join the International Data & Analytics (D&A) platform team, part of the Global Chief Technology Office of Walgreens Boots Alliance. The International D&A platform team support the International divisions including Boots UK & ROI, No7 Beauty Company & International Retail to digitise and transform their data to a cloud-based D&A platform.
As a Solution Architect you will be responsible for leading the definition, design and delivery of products and solutions on the platform, ensuring all solution outlines and detailed designs meet agreed business requirements, align with platform strategy, are cost effective, deliverable and supportable.
This role gathers solutions for the International divisions, coordinating with the Lead platform architect, divisional and global architects where appropriate, and coordinating with the Walgreens US D&A platform team to ensure global alignment and consistency to architecture patterns across WBA.
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands with leading cloud-first technology
About the opportunity
• Work with the International D+A Platform Architect to shape the platform roadmap and to develop the architectural patterns, frameworks and components working with the Platform Product Manager to ensure each new platform capability is prioritized, designed and delivered appropriately.
• Act as the technical design authority within a project to ensure that the detailed design, build and test align with the Solution Design to provide agreed quality assurance
• Ensure that all Solution Outlines and Detailed designs meet agreed Business Requirements, align with Strategy and Architecture, are cost effective, deliverable and supportable
• Participates in the creation and maintenance of design patterns, standards and design blocks to facilitate wider consistency and promote re-use of design elements, delivery at pace, quality assurance and cost efficiencies.
• Relevant degree or experience in IT, Technology, Engineering
• Experience of the design and development of IT solutions
• Good stakeholder management, communication & presentation skills
• Experience of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence and the Data Engineering needs to fulfil Business Intelligence and Analytics Solutions
• Experience of Data Engineering, RDBMS design and data warehouse “data” design patterns
• MS Azure Cloud Technologies experience and certifications
• Experience of Agile ways of working
• Appreciation of Data Security and governance
• Exposure of working with matrix teams of multiple vendors and global teams in the design and delivery of projects
• Experience working in global Retail, Pharmacy or CPG industries would be an advantage.
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
WBA’s purpose is to help people around the world lead healthier and happier lives. As the largest retail pharmacy across the U.S. and Europe with more than 170 years of serving communities, we are constantly pushing the industry forward and being true to this purpose, caring for customers and patients every day. And that won’t ever change.
With our global technology partnerships and the combined talent of more than 450,000* people across more than 25 countries*, we’re able to provide seamless experiences for our customers and to stay at the forefront of healthcare delivery
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com