Data ___ Analytics Platform – Data ArchitectJob reference: 145717BR
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the International Data & Analytics (D&A) platform team as a Data architect within the Global Chief Technology Office of Walgreens Boots Alliance. The International D&A platform team support the International divisions including Boots UK & ROI, No7 Beauty Company & International Retail to digitise and transform their data to a cloud-based D&A platform.
The Data Architect role leads all Data Management, Data Governance and Data Architecture elements of the International D&A platform. This role is critical to the success of the platform ensuring the strategy, design, architecture and security of data on the platform is actively managed and governed. The role leads and defines the data strategy for the International divisions, coordinating with divisional and global architects where appropriate, and coordinating with the Walgreens US D&A platform team to ensure global alignment and consistency to data practise across WBA.
We want to invest in you, to challenge you and help you develop an exciting and successful career. You will have the chance to be part of something ambitious, something innovative and have an impact on a global scale. With a competitive salary and personalized benefits package, you will join a diverse and passionate team who work with some of the world's most well-known brands with leading cloud-first technology.
• Lead the Data Architecture and Data Management strategy and roadmap for the International D&A platform
• Collaborate with Divisional and Global Architecture teams within WBA and with external engineering partners to define standards and guidelines for the platform.
• Lead engagement with Data Privacy and Data Governance stakeholders to ensure WBA policy and standards are represented on the platform
• Lead Conceptual, Logical and Physical Data Modelling reviewing target curated data models for the International divisions
• Lead Metadata Management, Reference Data Management and Data Quality Management
• Lead the International Data Design Forum to establish and improve data standards and efficient ways of working across all International projects on the platform
• Define consistent processes and templates for Data Management for the International portfolio that address data sources, data provenance, data requirements, data classification and data patterns.
• Define the standards, principles and project deliverables as to how data is sourced, stored, managed, governed and consumed across the International platform
• Review project deliverables throughout the project lifecycle to ensure alignment to data team standards, project scope and expected business value from the data
• Manage a team of Data Managers & Data Analysts to undertake Data Scoping, Data Architecture and Data Governance Assessments for the International Delivery Portfolio
A bit about you..
• Strong experience of Data focused architect/design roles in customer facing businesses ideally Retail, Pharmacy or CPG industries.
• Track record of data modelling, data analysis, metadata management, definition and governance of data standards, and in a complex and global organisation
• Proven understanding of data science, data engineering, business analysis, dashboard development, end-user tooling, data visualisation, and emerging data & analytics technology
• Familiarity with visualisation, analytics, data warehouse, data integration, and data lake architecture and technology, ideally in a cloud-based, Azure environment
• Awareness of data architecture principles and concepts
• Familiarity with agile delivery methodologies and ways of working, product ownership and user-centric design
What we can offer you:
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
WBA’s purpose is to help people around the world lead healthier and happier lives. As the largest retail pharmacy across the U.S. and Europe with more than 170 years of serving communities, we are constantly pushing the industry forward and being true to this purpose, caring for customers and patients every day. And that won’t ever change.
With our global technology partnerships and the combined talent of more than 450,000* people across more than 25 countries*, we’re able to provide seamless experiences for our customers and to stay at the forefront of healthcare delivery”
Why Walgreens Boots Alliance
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer several flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact email@example.com