Global Insight Manager – Skincare Innovation, No7 Beauty CompanyJob reference: 145362BR
Skincare Innovation Insight Manager
Nottingham Support Office (London considered)
Full Time | Permanent
Working within the Global Skincare & Innovation Consumer Planning and Insight Team (CP&I). You will work in close partnership with the No7 Beauty Company Skincare Innovation & Incubator Team to provide strategic partnership and insights that fuel & validate breakthrough Innovation for our global brands (No7, Liz Earle, Soap & Glory, Botanics, Your Good Skin) particularly in the areas of new technology, new business models, new service models and new partnering opportunities.
About the opportunity
You will be part of our unique team structure in Global CP&I where we work collaboratively within a matrix team of consumer insight managers, research experts and market, customer & trend analysts to deliver world class insights into the heart of decision making process.
• Insights business partner to the Skincare Innovation & Incubator Team, able to stretch team thinking to refine and optimise projects
• Develop and deliver insight inform the skincare innovation strategy & pipeline
• Develop & deliver the learning /research plan that enables the skincare Innovation & Incubator team progress along and validate the pipeline including…
– Proof of Concept (POC) insights support, working with start-up companies (e.g. Bakery) from KPI setting/experiment design to validation, business case support and pitching to the business for further development, scale or roll out.
– Insights at all levels – from foundational & exploratory insight where we can only articulate a challenge or opportunity territory e.g. personalisation, through to concept testing and concept refinement via the set up & management of qualitative and / or quantitative research …to landscape mapping of new territories or categories (eg beauty supplements)
• Introduce new insights, research methodology and partners to ensure we are working with best in class / cutting edge partners
• Act as a gateway into the wider Global Insight team to provide the Innovation & Incubator Team and the R&D team with broad spectrum data and insight with particular focus on the No7 & healthy skin brands & target consumers
• An insight professional with data analysis & manipulation skills and experience of working with external partners to deliver against insight & research briefs
• Able to select, integrate and synthesise multiple data sources of insight & data, translating into tangible ‘so what’s’ and recommendations and delivering these insights with impact into the innovation activities and processes
• Innovation & agile mindset with an entrepreneurial spirit, able to deal with changing environment and deliver fast paced projects and fill knowledge gaps to drive projects forwards
• Demonstrates strategic partnering qualities: able to think strategically and to see the bigger picture: you’ll have experience of placing a business issue in a wider context of the all available data and information, great influencing skills, confidence to challenge, seen as credible and competent by senior stakeholders (up to Director level)
• Have commercial acumen and know how to apply insight to maximise value for a business or brand
• Have a good understanding of brands and the role of innovation plays in brand development
• Experience of Beauty and Personal Care categories & skincare would be advantageous
• Collaborative team player, showing your leadership potential
We have a great range of benefits that go beyond salary and offer flexibility to suit you:
• Competitive salary
• Maternity / Paternity / Adoption leave pay
• Boots Pension Scheme
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Generous staff discount (Boots, Boot Opticians and Boots Hearing Care)
• £100 gift card for colleagues expecting/adopting a baby
• Access to corporate discounts, including retail, cinema, holidays etc (UK only)
• Discretionary annual bonus scheme
• Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
• Flexible benefits scheme (via salary sacrifice) including financial wellbeing support, gym membership, dental cover, life assurance, restaurant discount cards, activity passes, holiday buying and much more (exclusions may apply, eligible roles only)
• Onsite staff shop, opticians, gym, coffee shops, cafeteria, dry cleaning service and excellent travel links
*All rewards and benefits are subject to change and eligibility.
Why No7 Beauty Company
No7 Beauty Company is the new face of beauty and creates the best in beauty for everyone.
We bring a collection of trusted, affordable beauty brands for every skin type, ethnicity, age, and texture. We’re proud of our stand-out portfolio of iconic, global beauty brands, including No7, Liz Earle Beauty Company, Botanics, Soap & Glory, Sleek MakeUp and YourGoodSkin.
Our collection of inclusive and innovative beauty brands has a rich heritage of over 85 years in beauty and skincare. We are powered by our diverse people, these loved brands and - with listening at the heart of our strategy - a deep understanding of our customers.
We’re serious about championing change, building purposeful brands and acting responsibly to make a difference.
If your application is successful, our in-house recruitment team will be in touch to arrange an interview and to answer any initial questions you have. If you have not been successful on this occasion you will be notified by email.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org