Senior Product Owner, Marketing - Boots UKJob reference: 145121BR
Develop and deliver customer focused communications consistent with the Boots brand purpose, that drive growth and maintain brand health
Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
• Lead the thinking on customer marketing plan, delivered against our customer strategy and brand ambition
• Support development of relevant category/seasonal strategies providing customer, market and marketing insights.
• Lead cross functional team to design and deliver compelling marketing campaigns and AYR communications
• Creative development and production of integrated communications working hand in hand with media and loyalty teams.
• Budget management - upto C£10m
• Team and agency leadership, inspiring people to deliver best in class marketing through improving their knowledge skill and behaviours
• Accountable for the planning and delivery of all communications to customers to support the relevant category. Including the delivery of fully integrated marketing communication plans which aligns to the category vision, leading cross functional teams across Commercial, ATL, Loyalty, In-store, Digital, Social PR and Content.
• Oversee creative development across all channels
• Owning and leading the customer proposition experience from strategic development to execution and being able to translate this, with our squad team and key stakeholders, into a communication / campaign calendar.
• Lead live trading periods, responding to marketing conditions to maximise results and KPI performance
• Following our competitors and the industry
• Working closely with relevant partners internally (Boots Brand Exclusives and Partnership Marketing) as well as external (agency partners)
The Senior Marketing Manager/Product Owner, will be instrumental in helping the organisation to achieve its Agile Transformational goals. Responsible for embedding an Agile culture, methodology, tools and techniques in order to help teams keep a delivery and learning cadence that helps to remain focused on delivering value against the organisational outcomes, while remaining creative and dynamic.
They lead the squad to create the customer messaging including seasonal campaigns, mass personalisation and always-on content for BUK, including strategy and proposition development across all consumer touchpoints. Owning the marketing plan for the relevant squad the product owner drives prioritisation of tasks through a customer focused lens. Ultimately, they are responsible for leading the squad to deliver against the core marketing, customer and commercial objectives as agreed with the business
• Accountable for the planning and delivery of all releases to customers as defined by the objectives of the Squad, including the delivery of fully integrated releases
• Provides an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Sprint Goals
• Oversees creative development by the squad across mass-personalisation channels
• Ensures squad activity contributes to overall commercial targets for the season, responding to marketing conditions to maximise results and KPI performance
• Inputs into Optimisation Group
• Input into Season Review meetings
• Prepares short updates for MLT in Zonal Check-In sessions fortnightly
• Provides vision and direction to team and stakeholders
• Empowers the team to take ownership of decision-making but functions as a tie breaker across squad members as needed
• Prioritises workload when there is not enough capacity to deliver all activity
• Attends regular Backlog Refinement sessions with the Scrum Master
• Keeps abreast of Agile best practices and new trends
A bit about you:
• Team leader – you are excited in leading and inspiring a team to bring the work to the next level. You’re not afraid to challenge, share and help the team when and where needed – from strategy to execution.
• Change champion – you are flexible and embrace change. In our agile world every day is different, you will need to balance different projects at the same time, work strategic as well as executional and be pro-active and good listener at the same time.
• Knowledge/experience of creative development and production process and experience of leading third-party agency teams
• Strong commercial awareness – you are keen to understand the commercial impact of your work
• Ability to work at pace and deliver business agility by adopting an Agile mindset and way of working to respond to business needs
• Communication & Impact – strong verbal and written communication, robust interaction with internal stakeholders and other members of the team. Effective senior stakeholder management with the ability to influence at all levels.
• Innovation & Problem Solving - able to solve complex problems, participates in continuous improvement, adapts the ideas of others.
• Productivity, Drive & Achievement – proactive approach, gets things done, demonstrates accountability and ownership, prioritises own workload
• Technical Excellence – demonstrates intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities and is able to pick up new skills quickly
A bit about the team:
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting journey we’re on.
Be involved in a variety of projects – working with great people and brilliant brands. Fast paced and extremely passionate, our Marketing team drive our success and keep our customers coming back for more, through inspiring and innovative communications. Promoting our latest products, delivering great offers that make our customers feel good and inspiring our colleagues.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship