About the opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that puts the customer at the heart of all our decisions and thrives to deliver the best experience possible for our customers and colleagues. You’ll join a culture where everyone is friendly and passionate about their role and together these elements will play a big part in making us the leading High Street Opticians.
We are committed to providing a high standard of care to our customers, recommending products to aid their health and lifestyle. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and dedicated to providing a high level of customer service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building great rapport with customers by listening and understanding their needs
- Helping our customers find the perfect products tailored to their lifestyle and requirements.
- Ordering and dispensing of glasses and contact lenses
- Providing aftersales support through repairs and adjustments
- Working together as part of a team
- Relevant operational and administrative tasks associated with the running of a store
- Support other colleagues within the stores to develop their knowledge and skills
You love working with people and enjoy working as part of a team, after all our people are at the heart of all that we do.
You build rapport with customers naturally, welcoming them into our store with a big smile.
You are a keen listener and will be able to articulate our offers and promotions and help our customers find their perfect eye wear products through choosing and dispensing of glasses, contact lenses and other associated products.
You have a can do, positive attitude and are passionate and enthusiastic about delivering fantastic customer service and leaving a positive long-lasting impression.
You have an appetite for learning. You will enjoy learning about new products and as well as already understanding and keeping up to date with brands as well as technical and regulatory aspects of the role.
It’s also a fantastic opportunity to add to your own development. You’ll receive ongoing training and development to help develop your knowledge and if you want to progress in your career, we have numerous opportunities to develop further.
Previous optical experience is essential for this role.
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.