eCommerce Lead - Boots UKJob reference: 142068BR
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The ecommerce trading lead is part of the ecommerce team, responsible for day to day trade of their specific categories and how they show up on boots.com, to achieve stretching growth targets.
• Responsible for the day to day trading and how your categories show up across boots.com, to drive the total boots.com revenue and profit targets, and our market share ambitions
• Be seen as the expert in your category, holding a clear and detailed understanding of the drivers for the category and the market, with insight about how to drive conversion and increase customer acquisition
• Develop and deliver the online tradeplan, working with our key suppliers, trading, partnership marketing, supply, merchandising and our digital operations team.
• Managing multiple internal and external stakeholders to ensure your categories are appropriately supported.
• Responsible for legal and safe trade of own categories online and delivery of KPIs
A bit about you:
• Experience working online and trading experience with strong financial acumen, able to analyse, interpret and articulate financial performance
• Understanding of online trading levers and performance marketing – confident in using data and insight to drive performance and in building and delivering plans
• Willing to push boundaries and take calculated risks to gain a competitive advantage
• Excellent internal and external stakeholder management – confident engaging, influencing and holding to account team, peers, senior stakeholders and third parties (e.g. product suppliers)
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role requires regular working outside normal offices hours. This typically involves working from 5am one or two times a month, particularly at peak times and occasional overnight working e.g. for major launches. In general you will be expected to be flexible with your working hours to meet business and customer needs.
A bit about us:
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting digital journey we’re on.
Play a leading role in driving boots.com growth by maximising the performance of your category and launching new ranges and products. Life in the boots.com team is fast paced, every day is different and brings new opportunities to optimise what we do. We work with great people across the business and externally to execute our digital strategy and meet our customers’ needs.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and Cash Point
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working.