About the opportunity
A vital role in providing our customers and patients the very best experience at Boots Opticians at every step of the customer journey. You will drive sales and customer satisfaction through great product knowledge and style advice to provide the most appropriate eyewear solutions for customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Creating great rapport with customers and understanding their needs throughout their journey; making recommendations suited to the customer’s vision and lifestyle needs
- Using the Optometrist’s recommendations to build perfect product solutions for the customer, including accessories, contact lenses and additional pairs
- Delivering the technical tasks in the store by ensuring the safe supply of eyewear, such as ordering, verification, contact lens teaches, glasses collections, glasses adjustments and relevant administration
- Delivering operational processes and tasks relating to the role such as date checking, banking etc, in order to give right first time customer care
- Support other colleagues within the stores to develop their knowledge and skills
- Follow all legal and professional requirements and clinical SOP’s to the required standards
You love working with people and enjoy working as part of a team.
You are able to build rapport with customers, welcoming them into our store with a big smile. You will strive to deliver the best customer experience possible. If you have experience as an optical advisor, optical assistant, or other experience within an optical practice then we would love to hear from you.
You are a keen listener and will be able to articulate our offers and promotions and help our customers find their perfect eye wear needs
You have a can do, positive attitude and are passionate and enthusiastic about delivering fantastic customer service
You have an appetite for learning, and would enjoy learning about new products and brands, as well as the technical and regulatory aspects.
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop with career opportunities across Boots Opticians including franchise, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a sustainable work life balance so please talk to us about the flexibility you’d be looking for in this role.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.