Finance Analyst - Controls and ComplianceJob reference: 140001BR
Senior Analyst - Controls and Compliance
Fixed Term Contract
The role of Senior Analyst Controls and Compliance is part of the wider Controllership team supporting the whole Global Brands business.
Reporting into the Controls and Compliance Senior Finance Manager, this role is a key member of the team within the wider Global Brands community, helping to ensure the delivery and shaping of a strong control environment both within internal standards and external regulations.
- To manage independent control testing and evaluation for key process controls to a SOX reporting standard and to identify best practice and consistent standards to be rolled out across the business
- Stewardship of business wide policy, provide guidance and support, policy governance and associated system updates as required
- Acting as a control & compliance subject matter expert and trusted advisor to both finance and non-finance stakeholders
- Identification of best practice and consistent standards to be rolled out across the business
- To support communication and education of control & compliance across the business through close working relationships
- Gain a detailed understanding of processes currently in operation and identify the key controls and risks
- To ensure that gaps, weaknesses or inefficiencies in process or control are adequately addressed in a timely manner
- Drive process improvement by focusing on simplification and getting things right first time
A bit about you…
The successful candidate must have the ability to work and communicate effectively with key individuals across the business. The role demands excellent project delivery skills, the ability to challenge the status quo, and the confidence to work independently.
- Part or fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIMA) with relevant experience
- Possess first class stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation
- Be resilient and flexible, with the ability to cope with a changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well as part of a team, and be able to build effective relationships across the business
- The independence to be able take the lead for specific areas and to deliver quality results to tight deadlines
- Have desire to learn and drive for self-development and growth
- Experience of assessing risk, control, or compliance, likely gained from external or internal audit assignments, would be an advantage
A bit about us…
At Walgreens Boots Alliance – Global Brands, we believe in being PIONEERING, INSPIRATIONAL and CONNECTING with people. Our market leading brands such as No7, Liz Earle, Soap&Glory and YourGoodSkin touch the lives of millions all over the world. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do using real time insights to activate brands and products on a global scale. With a passionate and innovative approach to Beauty and Healthcare, we are shaping the future of health and wellbeing for everyone. We are part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in pharmacy-led retail with more than 18,500 stores globally, helping people live happier and healthier lives.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
- Competitive Salary & annual discretionary bonus plan
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
- Generous staff discount scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym and Canteen
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy – please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity and inclusion are at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please visit: https://globalbrandscareers.wba.com/.