Digital Copywriter, boots.com - Boots UKJob reference: 139176BR
Welcome to the Boots.com team – an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The Digital Copywriter role is part of the Digital Experience team in boots.com. They use their copy skills and Content Management System (CMS) expertise to write, create and deliver assets and pages for boots.com and boots.ie, to deliver the best customer experience to support our trading and marketing plans. Each Copywriter is responsible for their own departments, ensuring that the customer journey through our site is the best it can be. This can include shop pages, service pages, promotions, hub pages, product prescriptions, SEO copy and more.
• Digital copy production and build of campaign assets for Boots.com UK and ROI sites for specific business areas (i.e. departments, like beauty or healthcare)
• Lead your category areas and work collaboratively with the designers, channel teams and brands to deliver against marketing briefs (e.g. for specific events, like triple Advantage Card points)
• Work cross-functionally with key stakeholders to manage end to end asset and page production
• Ensure assets are in line with our digital copy guidelines and the Boots brand, and fully integrated with marketing campaigns
• Deliver digital projects, from brief to live, as required
• Attend and take actions from campaign meetings (Black Friday, Christmas, Valentine’s Day etc.) as a representative of boots.com to understand requirements and ensure the site is aligned with marketing channels
A bit about you:
• Experience using a CMS (Adobe Experience Manager would be ideal)
• Digital copy skills and experience of writing short form copy for a commercial site – an understanding of UX and SEO would be very helpful
• Customer-focused with high attention to detail
• Experience following a style guide (or similar) to ensure a consistent tone of voice
• The ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment and reactive to changing promotions, including amending assets and customer journeys
• Excellent organisation and communication skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role requires regular working outside normal offices hours. This typically involves working from 5am one or two times a month, occasional weekend working particularly at peak times and occasional overnight working e.g. for major launches. In general, you will be expected to be flexible with your working hours to meet business and customer needs.
A bit about us:
Being at the heart of Boots’ online proposition, you will have the opportunity to work with numerous stakeholders across the business. You will develop expertise in the end to end digital journey, building excellent foundations for career progression.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and Cash Point
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact Frankie.McCallister@boots.co.uk