Senior Analyst - Treasury Transformation Project (Secondment until December 2021)Job reference: 138288BR
This Senior Analyst vacancy is primarily supporting the implementation of a WBA led treasury transformation project for Boots UK and ROI.
The treasury transformation project is to deliver a global cash management banking partner for all WBA divisions and corporate companies, reduced operating and financing costs, supported by an enhancement of global treasury’s IT infrastructure and the implementation of a Global Treasury centre of excellence.
The role offers the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of the Boots business and WBA Group, giving a real opportunity for career development as well as delivering a large Global strategic project.
- Accountable to the Workstream Lead and local business/functional lead to provide timely status updates
- Responsibility for completion of in-country project tasks
- Work with Finance development in delivery of local IT changes in line with project plan
- Coordinates between local IT, Finance and other functions as necessary
- Removes in-country cross functional barriers and drives change
- Pro-actively escalates issues, problems and concerns to Workstream Lead or local business lead
- Agrees and documents detailed business requirements for the project
- Supports data mapping analysis of payment and payroll files
- Creation and ownership of end to end test cases, with support from the technical/IT process experts and Finance development
- Coordinates user acceptance testing for processes/steps under their responsibility
- Supports finance in go/no-go decisions and coordinates project acceptance for local business
A bit about you…
- Has a good understanding of how banking and treasury operate in a large retailer;
- Has a good understanding of finance systems;
- Possess good stakeholder management skills and have the ability to work and communicate effectively with key individuals across the businesses, internal departments in those businesses and feels comfortable in challenging the status quo;
- Have good project management skills, being able to deliver to tight deadlines and manage a diverse workload;
A bit about us…
The Finance team is fundamental to our success, playing an active role across the entire business ensuring targets are met and strategies are understood.
As trusted advisors, we’re involved in a wide range of activities; reviewing weekly and monthly sales-margin-cost performance and assessing the performance of key promotions to partnering the business teams to develop and track the performance of new store openings, new customer propositions like a new online trading platform, to some large scale IT investments.
It’s a supportive, collaborative and committed team. We’re big on communication and we hold quarterly conferences to celebrate our successes. We have a strong development culture, showcased at our annual yoUniversity week, which encourages our colleagues to focus on their potential and wellbeing. If you’re keen to build your career - there’s no better place as you’ll be supported to take on new challenges and develop your skill set with access to opportunities across the Boots UK, Global Brands and Boots Opticians Finance teams.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
To become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact Sanjeet.Kamal@boots.co.uk.