Release Train EngineerJob reference: 138134BR
Release Train Engineer
Our Engineering Team are looking for a dynamic Release Train Engineer to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading our Cloud Native Alliance Release Train.
In this role, you will act as the servant leader for the teams operating within the Cloud Native Alliance. The RTE will drive the adoption of an agile mindset focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the teams.
The RTE will facilitate team productivity by removing impediments that may obstruct the pursuit of the team's requirements and by preserving flexibility and ability to rapidly respond to changes.
• Act as servant leader to the Squads and Teams working on the Release Train.
• Facilitate team productivity by removing impediments.
• Plan capacity across the release train and ensure the right mix of cross functional teams are available to undertake work according to the demands of the product backlog.
• Integrates Agile & Lean principles into team practices and work products.
• Introduces new and advanced practices to improve the teams and their delivery.
• Utilizes team feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to identify areas of opportunity and works with team to continuously improve
• Manage dependencies and escalations within the release train and facilitate the setting of stakeholder expectations.
• Facilitates PI readiness and the tracking / reporting of release train activity.
• Work as part of the Boots Engineering Leadership Team.
A bit about you…
• You will have significant experience of working within an agile software delivery environment ideally in a leadership role.
• You will have experience of working as a SCRUM Master and understand the dynamic of acting as a servant leader.
• A thorough understanding of Agile methodologies supported by the skills to guide and coach teams in the application of agile ways of working.
• Strong understanding of principles, theories, practices and techniques for managing activities involved in planning and delivering software development projects.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage, influence, negotiate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders at all levels in the business.
• Self-starter, highly proactive and assertive in a demanding and dynamic environment;
A bit about us…
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: