Technical Delivery ___ Assurance Manager - ITJob reference: 137827BR
Technical Delivery & Assurance Manager - IT (18 month secondment/FTC)
NOTTINGHAM OR WEYBRIDGE
Working as part of the Technology Services the Technical Delivery and Assurance Manager is accountable for the delivery of multiple projects within an assigned business portfolio specifically focusing on governance and assurance facilitating the delivery to time, budget and per the specification and scope as defined by the business units requirements.
• Primary point for customer escalation for projects within delivery. Ensure ownership and escalation management of all commercial risks and issues.
• Accountable for the effective delivery of projects within the portfolio and technical initiatives across all partners and 3rd party suppliers inclusive of work package deliveries.
• Provide portfolio reporting, trend analysis and delivery of KPI based validation of portfolio progress to senior management in support of strategic decision making.
• Governance of multiple delivery methodologies (Waterfall / Agile) in a hybrid model (onshore/offshore) for partners and suppliers whilst identifying and embedding new ways of working into the organisation to support WBA’s Digital Journey.
• Ensure all project delivery meets the broader WBA project governance and standards for the Technology Services Portfolio with specific focus on assurance of all project time, cost and quality adherence.
A bit about you…
• Portfolio management skills of portfolios or projects in excess of £4m per annum, across multiple locations, off and on-shore delivery, more than one resource type, 3rd party management and multiple internal and external technology partners.
• Financial and commercial awareness
• Strong stakeholder management, excellent interpersonal, relationship and decision making skills. You’re not afraid to speak up or challenge the status quo.
• Enthusiasm and initiative to be involved in a fast paced environment, with the opportunity to drive change and add value and continual improvement
A bit about us…
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: