Senior Engineering Software ArchitectJob reference: 137780BR
Senior Engineering Software Architect - IT
1 x very senior engineering software architect position available
1 x senior engineering software architect position available
The Itegration Senior Software Architect ensures all the integration software produced is within the software adequate standards and designs and designs software as well as code best practices, definitions and skeletons. This role involves leading an augmented team, including integration technical leaders and further augmented development teams underneath, and working largely on their own initiative.
• Perform Sw Architecture activities including its definition and ensure those are delivered as defined. This role keeps the software technical intellectual property.
• Keep up to date on the industry best practices, standards, methodologies and be able to do all the relevant R&D activities before they can be introduced.
• Manage and lead a team of augmented Software Technical Leads in charge of the delivery of the integration software.
• Ensure the software delivered is as per the quality defined and liaise with the Governance Manager to measure and report on the OKRs and KPIs defined.
• Maintains the relationship with the partners for software related topics.
A bit about you…
• Strong technical knowledge in the Software space (microservices and integration).
• Very experienced in Sw architectures.
• Good communicator at all levels (both from a technical perspective as well as to senior management)
• Experience working with offshore resources and leading technically teams.
• Able to operate under pressure and in rapid changing environments.
A bit about us…
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact email@example.com
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: