Platform Lead EngineerJob reference: 137745BR
Global Platform Engineering Lead
The Integration Global Platform Engineering Lead will ensure the successful delivery of the integration platforms (including Cloud native and SaaS ones) as well as ensuring its automation and standardization for global usage. This role will involve leading an augmented team, including platform engineers and further augmented platform building teams underneath.
• Lead a team of Engineers to deliver all the ecosystems of platforms (PaaS and SaaS) in Azure Cloud as well as in premise heritage integration platforms.
• Do the required research and development activities in the Integration Platform space in preparation for the engineering activities that will lead into the introduction of new platforms and platform capabilities and features.
• Accountable of standardising the platform integration technologies for global consumption.
• Maintain the technical intellectual property in the Integration platform scape and ensure the needed technical skills are present in the team to deliver as per the project requirements.
• Create the Integration Platform standards to simplify operations and lower the TCO.
A bit about you…
• Strong technical knowledge in several of the technologies in scope of this role.
• Good communicator capable of explaining technically the work of be done to Engineers as well as having architectural conversations with Integration Domain and Solution Architects.
• Capable of leading the execution of the platform engineering activities and further building them.
• Familiar with technical architecture and engineering environments including engineering processes.
• Able to work under pressure and in rapid changing environments.
A bit about us…
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact email@example.com
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: