Tooling Lead EngineerJob reference: 137744BR
Global Tooling Engineering Lead
The Integration Global tooling Engineering Lead will ensure the successful delivery and usage of the integration DevOps tooling as well as ensuring standardization for global usage. This role will involve leading an augmented team, including integration tooling engineers and further augmented DevOps teams underneath.
• Lead a team of DevOps or Automation Engineers to deliver all the ecosystems of automation tools that enable the deployment of the code developed in integration both in our Azure Cloud and in premise integration platforms.
• Do the required research and development activities in the deployment and automation space in preparation for the engineering activities that will lead into the introduction of new code deployment tools.
• Accountable of standardising the tooling for global consumption in the function.
• Maintain the technical intellectual property in the Integration tooling and automation space and ensure the needed technical skills are present in the team to deliver as per Integration Software and Platform Engineering and project requirements.
• Create the Tooling and automation standards to simplify its usage and lower the TCO.
A bit about you…
• Strong technical knowledge in the tools in scope of this role.
• Good communicator capable of explaining technically the work of be done to the DevOps Engineers as well as having architectural conversations with Integration Domain and Solution Architects.
• Capable of leading the execution of the tooling and automation engineering activities and further building them.
• Familiar with technical architecture and engineering environments including engineering processes.
• Able to work under pressure and in rapid changing environments.
A bit about us…
IT is at the centre of what we do.
This is retail IT for the real world, you’re so close to your customers in all ways – in store, online and internally.
You can get involved with all the different areas of our business, working on projects that make a real difference – from our hugely successful Boots App to our world-class warehousing system.
We place so much value on our IT team – if you want to build a career that will keep developing with your skills, there’s no better place to do it.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: