Technical Administrator, Product Delivery - Boots UKJob reference: 137539BR
As a Technical Assistant you will support the delivery of new products to agreed time, cost and CSR standards. You will be at the centre of the day to day work in the packaging development area of the Boots UK – Beauty Products Delivery team. You will prepare documentation, update trackers, load systems to support the development process and ensure product compliance. The working environment is dynamic and diverse requiring the ability to prioritise and work with a variety of people across numerous functions both internal and external. You will need to be able to work efficiently, accurately and have strong database system experience.
• Manage and co-ordinate packaging data entry into bespoke GPS development system on behalf of Boots UK Packaging team consisting of x9 Packaging Technologists
• Support all packaging development admin activity including sample ordering, supplier info requests & artwork management
• Accountable for managing accurate and timely administration & issue of final product sealing documentation for packaging assemblers
• Manage budget administration including raising POs, tracking invoices, overall project budget reports.
• Adopt all applicable GB processes and procedures, controls and loads documents onto appropriate information management systems and maintain in line with quality management system requirements.
• Prepare inputs to key operational meetings/reports including project sign off forums, KPI reports and communication events.
• Use process & systems knowledge to identify and implement new or improved ways of working.
A bit about you:
• Confident and a skilled communicator
• Basic understanding of LEAN principles and value chains.
• Good at building working relationships with a wide range of people.
• Concern for order and quality with excellent attention to detail.
• Strong prioritisation skills & time management.
• Excellent IT skills. Able to use a variety of systems inc. product database software.
• Able to present information in a clear, logical and structured way.
A bit about the team:
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
The Boots UK Packaging Team play an integral role in ensuring the products we develop and deliver are safe, compliant and of the right quality to delight our customers! You will play a key role supporting the team of packaging technologists within the ROB/REB & Gift team on a vast array of cosmetic and general merchandise products across Boots Own Label and Exclusive Partnership brands.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.