Finance Manager - Central FP___AJob reference: 136951BR
An opportunity for an aspiring or established finance manager to join our supportive, close-knit central FP&A function, manging the month end leadership reporting process and owning our annual CSR returns
• To support and manage the monthly business board reporting process and submission, drafting key commentary and insights pages, reviewing outputs, whilst continuously driving efficiency and improvements in insight.
• Support the senior finance manager in the quarterly investor relations process; providing key deliverables to group and helping manage the process around Q&As
• To manage and lead CSR board report production and audit. To be autonomous in the process and to lead a successful audit while making improvements in understanding and the quality of data reported.
• Manage two direct reports, coaching and monitoring their professional development and taking on line manager responsibilities
• Own the budget, forecast and month end process for central functions including Finance, CSR / Comms, Insights and Corporate Other (note processes led by analyst)
A bit about you…
• Will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or in the final stages
• Will have excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to stakeholders at all levels. Building and maintaining strong relationships with finance partners will be critical to your success
• Need to be confident, articulate and assertive, dealing with senior members of the business and leading several meetings across teams
• Highly analytical and technically competent, with experience in reporting and reviewing the quality and accuracy of data
• Will have an ability to manage competing priorities and maintain accuracy whilst working at pace
A bit about us…
The Finance team is fundamental to our success, playing an active role across the entire business ensuring targets are met and strategies are understood.
As trusted advisors, we’re involved in a wide range of activities; reviewing weekly and monthly sales-margin-cost performance and assessing the performance of key promotions to partnering the business teams to develop and track the performance of new store openings, new customer propositions like a new online trading platform, to some large scale IT investments.
It’s a supportive, collaborative and committed team. We’re big on communication and we hold quarterly conferences to celebrate our successes. We have a strong development culture, showcased at our annual yoUniversity week, which encourages our colleagues to focus on their potential and wellbeing. If you’re keen to build your career - there’s no better place as you’ll be supported to take on new challenges and develop your skill set with access to opportunities across the Boots UK, Global Brands and Boots Opticians Finance teams.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of practices and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working.
Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
To become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact Sanjeet.Kamal@boots.co.uk.