Finance manager – Capital and Investment ReportingJob reference: 136884BR
As we look to continue to invest in our business it has never been so important to make sure we are backing the right projects and we are driving the performance. We’re currently looking for an experienced finance professional to work in partnership with a number of project teams as well as other Finance and business stakeholders to assess potential investment opportunities, support the preparation of business cases and to partner project leaders to drive investment performance. Great opportunity to work across different areas of the business and with the initiatives that really make a difference to performance.
• Finance business partner for significant capital investment programmes
• Co-ordinate the preparation of business cases, from early stage assessment to investment papers, modelling and full financial appraisal
• Investment performance reporting, focused on driving performance
• Support the group approvals process
• Post investment reviews
A bit about you…
• A qualified level accountant (CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with applicable finance experience.
• Commercial awareness, route cause identification, identify solutions, drive performance
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience of financial modelling.
• Confident and articulate communication style. Ability to build strong and effective relationships with all levels of finance and non-finance stakeholders. Has the gravitas and impact to influence senior stakeholders and to hold business partners to account. Able to get things done and to manage competing priorities.
• Ability to pick things up quickly, identify issues and proactively drive actions through to conclusion. Ability to work within process/defined boundaries, but find creative and innovated solutions
A bit about us…
The Finance team is fundamental to our success, playing an active role across the entire business ensuring targets are met and strategies are understood.
As trusted advisors, we’re involved in a wide range of activities; reviewing weekly and monthly sales-margin-cost performance and assessing the performance of key promotions to partnering the business teams to develop and track the performance of new store openings, new customer propositions like a new online trading platform, to some large scale IT investments.
It’s a supportive, collaborative and committed team. We’re big on communication and we hold quarterly conferences to celebrate our successes. We have a strong development culture, showcased at our annual yoUniversity week, which encourages our colleagues to focus on their potential and wellbeing. If you’re keen to build your career - there’s no better place as you’ll be supported to take on new challenges and develop your skill set with access to opportunities across the Boots UK, Global Brands and Boots Opticians Finance teams.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working.
Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
To become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact Sanjeet.Kamal@boots.co.uk.