Senior Analyst - Financial Planning and Analysis, OperationsJob reference: 136801BR
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to join the Boots UK finance team as Senior Analyst – Operations FP&A. As part of the Operations Finance team the role is crucial for providing clear, high quality reporting, analysis and insight to the business to ensure clarity and alignment of in year performance, financial forecasts and budgets.
The role offers the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of our business, our Operations cost functions & our forecasting and budgeting processes, giving a real opportunity for career development within Boots.
- Provide clear and insightful reporting on the trends and drivers impacting performance across Operations cost areas (Store, Property, Supply Chain and Loss costs and Inventory)
- Support financial planning processes (in year performance, financial forecasts and budget) across Operations in a collaborative manner seeking input and engaging central FP&A, business partners and financial control teams as required to ensure rigorous and robust financial planning.
- Act as a link between various Finance functions – i.e. Financial Control, Central FP&A and Transformation to close month end in a timely manner with clear articulation of performance across the Operations areas.
- Driving efficiencies and automation in financial reporting into the business
- Driving delivery and reporting of operational cost efficiency programme and holding the business to account to deliver cost targets
A bit about you:
- Qualified, ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent (or qualified via experience) strong preference
- Excellent communication and relationship-building leadership skills, in order to foster a collaborative high performance culture and positively influence business performance
- Strong analytical skills combined with commercial acumen to generate insight from various data sources
- In-depth working knowledge of Boots systems – SAP ECC, SAP BW, SAP BO, TM1, Magic
- High energy and resilience, with ability to manage multiple priorities and perform effectively under pressure
A bit about us…
The Finance team is fundamental to our success, playing an active role across the entire business ensuring targets are met and strategies are understood.
As trusted advisors, we’re involved in a wide range of activities; reviewing weekly and monthly sales-margin-cost performance and assessing the performance of key promotions to partnering the business teams to develop and track the performance of new store openings, new customer propositions like a new online trading platform, to some large scale IT investments.
It’s a supportive, collaborative and committed team. We’re big on communication and we hold quarterly conferences to celebrate our successes. We have a strong development culture, showcased at our annual yoUniversity week, which encourages our colleagues to focus on their potential and wellbeing. If you’re keen to build your career - there’s no better place as you’ll be supported to take on new challenges and develop your skill set with access to opportunities across the Boots UK, Global Brands and Boots Opticians Finance teams.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.