Assistant Product Manager - Soap ___ Glory (FTC)Job reference: 136532BR
Global Assistant Product Manager - Gift
NOTTINGHAM OR LONDON
Maternity Cover until July 2021
Overview of the role
As a Global Assistant Product Manager for gift you will be responsible for delivering gifting collections across selected brands within our portfolio. The brands included are Soap & Glory, No7, Liz Earle and Botanics, and are really at the core of Global Brands. Ranges will be developed for all markets, with a focus on the UK and the US.
You will support the product manager to co create the three year product innovation strategies, in line with the brand strategy, and to translate those strategies into compelling consumer-led concepts and gift collections. You will be responsible for the delivery of these plans and the end to end product development from business case through to the finished product.
About Global Brands
At Walgreens Boots Alliance – Global Brands, we believe in being PIONEERING, INSPIRATIONAL and CONNECTING with people. Our market leading brands such as No7, Liz Earle, Soap&Glory and YourGoodSkin touch the lives of millions all over the world. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do using real time insights to activate brands and products on a global scale. With a passionate and innovative approach to Beauty and Healthcare, we are shaping the future of health and wellbeing for everyone. We are part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in pharmacy-led retail with more than 18,500 stores globally, helping people live happier and healthier lives.
• You will build product briefs that deliver against the brand and gift strategies, as well as consumer insights. Synthesising insights from multiple data sources to identify unarticulated consumer needs.
• You will translate macro trends into tangible micro product details that will be reflected in the collections.
• You will demonstrate a deep understanding of manufacturing and production methods of the category and support the team in the understanding of our suppliers’ capabilities and assets.
• You will assist in managing agency partners and their work on our brands from brief to evaluation.
• You will take ownership of the end to end product development for your brands from concept creation through to ensuring the on time, and on budget, delivery and sufficiency of the product plans.
• You will share best practice through matrix working.
• You will support the Global Gifting Product Manager, contributing to category plans, prioritising and direction setting.
A bit about you
Are you passionate about product development? Do you challenge yourself to stay aware of beauty and skincare led trends?
In addition to the above, the following skills would be advantageous for the role of Assistant Gifting Product Manager:
• You can show experience in end to end product development from concept to final product delivery with experience in delivering at pace with an FMCG background
• You can demonstrate experience in translating the Brand product strategies and consumer strategy & insights to create the gift strategy for your respective brand
• You have experience in reviewing and improving product offering and portfolio to maximise value to the business
• You have a passion for product and can demonstrate good knowledge of the Health & Beauty retail market, especially gifting
• You have experience in interpreting trends into a full product brief and product solutions
• You are a forward-thinking relationship builder with experience of leading virtual teams across global markets
• A driver of change – leading the way and role modelling new processes for others.
What’s in it for you?
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy – please contact email@example.com
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please visit: https://globalbrandscareers.wba.com/.