Buying Assistant, Trading - Boots UKJob reference: 136391BR
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Operations Assistant at Boots UK, the UK’s leading pharmacy-led Health and Beauty retailer. With around 2,500 stores ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise. For over 170 years Boots UK have been providing customers with an excellent customer experience, selling products with outstanding value, quality and choice.
About the role:
If you thrive under pressure, love to be the centre of the business and want to work with brilliant people then Commercial Operations at Boots could be a great fit for you. Reporting to the Commercial Operations Manager, you will sit within one of our newly formed squads, meaning you will be at the heart of driving delivery for key commercial operations.
Developing wide and varied internal contacts you will be required to work cross-functionally with all areas of the business to ensure our customers and stores receive exceptional service while maintaining a clear focus on right first time and delivery at pace .
Your aim will be to contribute to the ongoing improvement of the business’ commercial performance through supporting delivery of trade plans and bringing disciplined operational consistencies. You will be given autonomy and responsibility for delivering your goals, but will have a strong support network to ensure you gain all the development and guidance you need to set you up for success.
• Accurate set-up and management of core commercial processes, e.g. article creation, promotions, pricing, raising purchase orders
• Contribute to the delivery of the commercial strategy and priorities
• Set up and facilitation of funding process – chasing supplier funding confirmation and inputting agreed funding into the income schedule
• Working closely with the Commercial Teams to plan and align promotional activity, along with setting up in-store promotions on SAP
• Supporting with the gift guide creation, Health and Beauty and Parenting Club activity
• Communicating with and supporting key stakeholders, ensuring the process principles and key deadlines are adhered to
• Ensuring compliance with company procedures and commercial best practice with regard to supplier trading and financial processes
• Monitoring pricing to ensure we remain competitive and offer great value for our customers
• Act as an ambassador for the Commercial Operations Team
A bit about you:
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workload alongside good time management
• Strong numeracy and administration skills
• Attention to detail with a right first time attitude
• Strong ability to communicate effectively whether face to face, telephone or email
• Ability to analyse and report data
• Collaborative team working and relationship building
• Positive attitude, ability to deal with last minute changes and queries
• Works well under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Self-motivator, confident and able to use initiative to create and/or seek out solutions
• Being comfortable to challenge
• Ability to be adaptable and flexible
• Knowledge of Microsoft office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word) essential