eCommerce Trading Manager, boots.com - Boots UKJob reference: 136301BR
Welcome to the Boots.com team - an exciting team within Boots UK which is at the heart of our growth plans as more customers look to us for online help, advice and shopping inspiration, as well as of course the best Boots products, prices and offers. As customers are changing, so are we: focusing on really understanding our customers’ needs and making the most of our great products and services to optimise the online shopping experience and drive growth.
The ecommerce trading manager plays a key role in the ecommerce team, responsible for day to day trade of their specific categories and how they show up on boots.com, to achieve aggressive growth targets.
• Responsible for the day to day trading and how the categories show up across Boots.com, contributing to total Boots.com revenue & profit growth and market share ambitions
• Develops, owns, drives and implements the overall ecommerce strategy for the categories they are responsible for, to ensure revenue growth through increased customer acquisition, conversion and growing range/inventory
• Managing multiple internal and external stakeholders including driving the e-commerce agenda for their categories across the business, influencing range decisions, and representing boots.com in supplier negotiations
• Supporting development initiatives, this may include acting as business champion for technical development initiatives, leading activities for new launches and/or introducing new ranges to boots.com
• Responsible for legal and safe trade of own categories online and delivery of KPIs
A bit about you:
• Experienced working online, or with strong trading experience
• Understanding of online trading levers and performance marketing – confident in using data & insight to drive performance and in building and delivering plans
• Willing to push boundaries and take calculated risks to gain a competitive advantage
• Excellent internal and external stakeholder management – confident engaging, influencing and holding to account team, peers, senior stakeholders and third parties (e.g. product suppliers)
• People management and development experience preferable
IMPORTANT NOTE: This role requires regular working outside normal offices hours. This typically involves working from 5am one or two times a month, occasional weekend working particularly at peak times and occasional overnight working e.g. for major launches. In general you will be expected to be flexible with your working hours to meet business and customer needs.
A bit about us:
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting digital journey we’re on.
Play a leading role in driving boots.com growth by co-ordinating our transformation agenda to drive business performance and continually improve the customer experience. Life in the boots.com team is fast paced, every day is different and brings new opportunities to improve what we do. We work with great people across the business and externally to execute our digital strategy and meet our customers’ needs.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and Cash Point
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!