Business Development Manager - Global BrandsJob reference: 136253BR
The Business Development Manager role is a critical role in the team, where you will support the identification and delivery of large set piece growth opportunities for the Global Brands business.
You will be a contributor to the delivery and legacy of the Global Brands growth and vision, and will drive key decisions that will affect the presence shape and size of the total brand portfolio globally.
• You will lead and consult on projects that are cross category growth programmes across Beauty and Healthcare Innovation, Digital new channel creation and Commercial new channel creation, working with retail partners, Global Brand and Commercial Directors and designated subject matter experts to ensure the programme is delivered to agreed timescales and KPI’s.
• Your ability to manage multiple projects at any given time will be key, as will be your comfort in working seamlessly within the matrix, with the Senior Managers across the business and specialist support functions such as Corporate Strategy.
• In partnership with area leads you will support in the identification of any portfolio gaps and opportunities to fill them as well as developing and owning the process which screens potential opportunities that could fill identified gaps.
• You will have strong knowledge of the industry which is utilised to anticipate future opportunities (brands/channels/partners) and share them in a clear way that drives decision making.
• You will be responsible for the setup and negotiation for new contracts and deals on large or complex Partnerships.
• Develop and lead the Assistant Business Development Manager and support them to be capable of delivering our targets and strong high value business strategies.
A bit about you:
• Strong experience on strategic planning & value creation.
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to work in a highly matrixed organisation.
• Customer relationship management expert with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders (internal and external).
• High level of Commercial first thinking when looking at strategic development across Global Brands.
A bit about us:
At Walgreens Boots Alliance – Global Brands, we believe in being PIONEERING, INSPIRATIONAL and CONNECTING with people. Our market leading brands such as No7, Liz Earle, Soap&Glory and YourGoodSkin touch the lives of millions all over the world. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do using real time insights to activate brands and products on a global scale. With a passionate and innovative approach to Beauty and Healthcare, we are shaping the future of health and wellbeing for everyone. We are part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in pharmacy-led retail with more than 18,500 stores globally, helping people live happier and healthier lives.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please visit: https://globalbrandscareers.wba.com/.