Assistant Buying Manager - Lenses and AccessoriesJob reference: 136218BR
Assistant Buying Manager – Lenses and Accessories
• Work cross-functionally to develop and deliver a compelling strategy that retains our market leading position
• Range Management – you will have to understand and analyse range performance, recommending improvements and seeking solutions
• You will be a category expert – you will have to understand our categories and markets by an on-going research and analysis of Supplier, Customer, Competitor as well as our internal performance in order to make the best deals possible
• Price and Promotion Management – you will have to understand the category pricing strategy, what the competitor activity is, the product pricing dynamics (elasticity) and hierarchies within your business.
• Be the first point of contact for suppliers and manage the day to day relationships; assist Buying Manager to negotiate price deals with our partners
A bit about you…
• You are an excellent communicator who can easily build a range of effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
• You have strong analytical skills and you are great using data to make recommendations and commercial decisions
• You are a highly organised person who can work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
• Lens dispensing knowledge, including safety eyewear is highly essential as it will help you align product specification to customer needs
• You have experience in driving commercial decisions and seek out new improvements
A bit about us…
The Opticians Support team continually improve processes to make a difference to our patients and customers.
Supporting and implementing systems across the business, this fast paced function builds great relationships with our Opticians to ensure they can meet the ever changing needs of our patients and customers. You will provide world class support and knowledge.
In return, we will build a personal development plan with you that helps you develop and further your career.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK and we’re still growing.
We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of practices and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.]
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: