Commercial Operations Manager - Boots UKJob reference: 136154BR
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Commercial Operations Manager at Boots UK, the UK’s leading pharmacy-led Health and Beauty retailer. With around 2,500 stores ranging from local community pharmacies to large destination health and beauty stores, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible.
About the role:
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Operations Manager, you will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing Boots UK’s commercial operations plan and projects within Finance and Reporting.
Your aim will be to significantly contribute to the ongoing improvement of the business’ commercial performance, driving Boots UK’s sales, gross profit, operating efficiency, and service objectives. This will be achieved by being customer and retail focused, process and data driven, developing new ways of working, creating disciplined operational consistencies, while working cross-functionally and delivering right first time at pace.
A key leadership role, your predominate focus is on the development and leadership of the Finance and Reporting squad made up of 16 colleagues. Your desire to improve ways of working, and drive efficiencies within process will see significant improvements to our Commercial KPIs.
• Leading a team of 16 Category Assistants through a new environment. A key emphasis & drive to development individual’s aspiration & furthering careers will be essential
• Applying an understanding of the current ways of working within the Trading function to a new working environment. This will be done through establishing & developing the right new processes, ways of working & culture needed to move the Commercial function forward.
• Ensuring a constant focus on review & continuous improvement is applied to a developing culture & team. This will be done by defining and developing relevant KPIs to track, as well as reviewing processes such as price changes, supplier funding (specifically retrospective funding calculations) and new line information.
• Having the ability to hold compliance with company procedures to always focus on the bigger picture in line with commercial best practices.
• Owning the responsible for daily, weekly and monthly reports with relevant commentary to highlight compliance to business processes and indicate areas for improvement
• The drive to build and further a developing team & culture. Done through coaching in all new and existing financial and commercial related processes, and for providing a clear framework for control & direction to Category Assistants.
• Ensuring the creation and delivery of the relevant ‘critical paths’ for processes within the Service Management team.
• Communicating with and influencing key stakeholders, ensuring the process principles and key deadlines are adhered to
• Driving ‘right first time’ throughout all process stages with discipline in delivery.
• Exploring and supporting opportunities to drive automation within our processes
A bit about you:
• Strong leadership skills to lead and motivate a high performing, empowered, focused and fulfilled team
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to establish personal credibility at senior levels
• Strong organisational and project management skills with an attention to detail and the ability to work to tight deadlines on multiple projects
• A strong understanding of Retail, and the challenges faced in driving sales, profit, efficiencies, compliance, and consistency in a multi-store organisation
• Influencing skills, to work collaboratively across different functions to deliver the right outcomes for the customer and the business
• Knowledge of the Category Management processes and how to leverage and optimise end to end simplification opportunities
• Clear communicator, who can describe their aims for the future, what help they need to succeed and the value this brings to the business
• Change management mind-set, driving an agile working environment focusing on delivering value and the ability to adapt to change with a focus on refining new ways of working
What we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our Support Office: