Assistant Brand Manager - SleekJob reference: 136086BR
Assistant Brand Manager – Sleek MakeUP - NOTTINGHAM OR LONDON
Welcome to the Sleek Marketing Team – a dynamic, diverse & passionate team whose vision is to ensure everyone has the equal right to be seen, heard and felt exactly how they choose to be.
Founded in 1985 in the heart of East London, Sleek MakeUP was created in response to deeper skin tones being underrepresented in the cosmetics industry. We’ve worked hard to create a range of high quality and highly pigmented make-up products that not only work across all skin tones, but also address the needs & wants of make-up for women of colour. After years of success, we’ve become known as a brand that delivers on-trend, high quality products that aren’t typically available at our accessible price point.
We have always been committed to ensuring diversity is expressed, received & celebrated within our community. We exist to address the still evident void in the industry for products that perform for all.
We believe make-up can be on the front line of changing attitude & perceptions. For us and our customers, cosmetics are a weapon of choice; to express yourself, your creativity and your beliefs. We want to be the lead for change and will continue to commit to celebrating all beauty with a full range and spectrum of individuals. Our team still embodies the passion and ambition of those who created the brand 35 years ago and we’re not afraid to do it our way.
The Assistant Brand Manager for Sleek MakeUP will join the Entrepreneurial Brand team accountable for unleashing the full potential on the brand to deliver in-year revenue growth and drive long-term, sustainable brand positioning. The ideal candidate will support the team in defining the brands’ ambitions & strategies, develop and deliver the plans, projects & tools to achieve it, with a focus on the UK market.
We’re looking for someone who oozes heartfelt passion; be it for marketing, cosmetics, or diversity & inclusivity. The role will support the marketing team in the management of Sleek MakeUP across all the UK and all of our global markets. We need a “doer”; someone who prides themselves on executional excellence, is great at multi-tasking and thrives working outside of the “big brand” process! Being comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, reactive and sometimes ambiguous environment is key. This role requires someone who can bring fresh-thinking alongside a collaborative approach to ensure we hold strong relationships with our multiple partners both inside the business and out.
• Support the Marketing Manager on developing our consumer driven strategy and brand positioning, to demonstrate how Sleek MakeUP can best deliver on consumers needs, wants & desires in the short and longer term to maximise value for the business
• Assist the Marketing Manager on Integrated Activity Planning and the end to end responsibility for delivery of all UK brand activity in alignment to this across the right channel mix – this will require building an excellent relationship with our internal teams (commercial, finance, PR, content, in-store execution etc), agency partners and our retailer marketing teams to maximise their support. Translate macro trends into marketing plans across multiple channels, with a key focus on digital experiences
• Work with the local markets across the globe to ensure projects are being effectively executed locally in line with our consumer driven strategy, brand visual identity and tone of voice
• Support in the tracking, analysis & evaluation on the performance of key projects against objectives, as well as manage the below the line budget
• Specific responsibility as the single point of contact for our charity partners and deliver on our in-year marketing CSR goals
A bit about you…
• Strong affiliation and relatability to the brand and target consumer is a must. We’re looking for a genuine advocate of the portfolio
• UK and/or global marketing/activation experience ideally in relevant beauty categories (cosmetics, skincare, bath & body, fragrance). Must be passionate about brands and bringing them to life
• Keen understanding of commercial impact work has on the business – cost conscious and ability to translate pass for brands into sales results
• Passionate about understanding and delivering on consumer needs through brand strategy and marketing execution, with the desire to become highly immersed in trends
• Collaborative team player able to work autonomously and without set process. Able to build strong working relationships across levels, geographies. Demonstrate confidence in decision making & dealing with senior stakeholders
• Strong presentation skills & independent thinking – we want to shake things up and not churn out the expected!
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple projects at once
A bit about us…
At Walgreens Boots Alliance – Global Brands, we believe in being PIONEERING, INSPIRATIONAL and CONNECTING with people. Our market leading brands such as No7, Liz Earle, Soap&Glory and YourGoodSkin touch the lives of millions all over the world. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do using real time insights to activate brands and products on a global scale. With a passionate and innovative approach to Beauty and Healthcare, we are shaping the future of health and wellbeing for everyone. We are part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in pharmacy-led retail with more than 18,500 stores globally, helping people live happier and healthier lives.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme across WBA owned portfolio, proprietary brands and other entities including Boots Opticians
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme, holiday purchasing and many more
• Nottingham only: onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy – please contact email@example.com
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please visit: https://globalbrandscareers.wba.com/.