Pharmacy Support ManagerJob reference: 135266BR
We are recruiting a 6 month fixed term Pharmacy Support Manager role to work across the Manchester areas with Boots. This role would entail travel across the estimated geographical areas would be North Manchester and Central Manchester. This is a prime developmental role, ideal for those who are great at building relationships.
This role will involve 2 days working in store in a Pharmacist function, and the remaining time you will act as a Pharmacy Support Manager working across the above mentioned areas. For more information, please continue reading.
You’ll lead the delivery of an excellent pharmacy operations and governance platform, helping to resolve pharmacy operations and professional standards issues, working in partnership with key stakeholders and pharmacy teams to ensure all relevant issues are resolved and/or escalated.
The importance of your role
This is your opportunity to be part of a new team, in a new and exciting role which will support our store leaders and pharmacists to deliver excellent pharmacy operations and patient safety every day. Reporting directly into the Regional Pharmacy Manager you will be part of a team of pharmacy experts within the region. You will lead the pharmacy operations and patient safety agenda with pace, removing complexity and enabling simplicity for our pharmacy teams. Coaching, developing and inspiring your Area Managers and Pharmacy teams to build their capability and support the delivery of complete care for our patients.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- A supporting and challenging partner to AMs and store pharmacy teams, responsible for pharmacy items, quality of over-the-counter patient centred care, services, profit and professional standards
- Analyses operational and performance indicators (e.g. Pharmacy Scorecard, Operational Guides, Patient Safety Review and Weekly Clinical Governance checklist) to adopt a risk-based approach to pharmacy standards thereby improving the operational and governance platforms
- Leads the investigation of professional standard issues, whilst supporting and challenging the Area Manager with regard to people, professional and operational practice providing advice and guidance with the follow up of any remedial actions to restore the required operational and governance platform, linking in with the CGP as appropriate
- Demonstrates passion for operational excellence and creates a climate where we don’t walk past less than the best in our standards across our pharmacies with a requisite focus on our complex area of the business i.e CHS, childhood flu, hospitals
- Leads the pharmacy operations and clinical governance agenda with pace, working to remove complexity and enabling simplicity for our pharmacy teams to deliver exceptional patient centred care
- Coach, develop and inspire pharmacists and line leaders to develop their capability and embed best practice through support and challenge which will ensure pharmacy operational and governance compliance with pharmacy SOPs and operational guidance
- Works in collaboration with the regional pharmacy experience team to ensure the local pharmacy business plans reflect the individual opportunity for each Pharmacy
- Builds powerful relationships across the region, inspiring and influencing others to create the best pharmacy experience for customers
- Supports pharmacy services development and implementation in line with company strategy (both centrally developed private services and National NHS services) in line with Pharmacy services governance framework and local pharmacy services are developed in line with Local Services Governance framework (including risk assessments)
How will you be doing it?
By developing big relationships across the regional team you will inspire and influence others to create the best pharmacy experience for patients, built on a world class pharmacy operations platform. You will be working closely with all pharmacy support colleagues to support your agenda and prioritise. The majority of your time will be spent in pharmacies, some that will be in great operational shape and others that will require your leadership, coaching and support.
What you will need to have.
- Registered Pharmacist with high credibility internally and externally
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of community pharmacy in a large multiple, preferably with a pharmacy operations/clinical governance focus
- Sound commercial awareness and line management experience of stores at a senior level
- Excellent communicator (verbally and written), with remote leadership capability
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of the our store team capability requirements needed to meet those of the local healthcare environment
- Has completed and has understanding of relevant mandatory training e.g. information governance, safeguarding training and WBA Clinical Services policy
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance. This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check,
Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.