COVID 19 TesterJob reference: 134688BR
Please note - The fixed term contract period for this role will initially end on 30th April 2021.
COVID 19 Tester
What are we doing?
Boots has a strong and trusted heritage in supporting the healthcare of the nation and in this time of need we are stepping forward to work with the Department of Health and Social Care, alongside other organisations, to resource Testing Units across the country to administer COVID 19 testing. The primary objective is to increase testing capacity throughout the UK and respond to need, testing essential workers and members of the public who show symptoms of Coronavirus.Why are we supporting?
The global impact of COVID-19 has been profound, and the public health threat it represents is the most serious we have seen in a respiratory virus since the 1918 H1N1 influenza pandemic (Spanish Flu). COVID-19 Testers help to continue the great work that’s been done during these unprecedented times and use every resource at our disposal to help bring this virus under control.What will this mean to me?
You will play a vital role in maximising our capacity as a country to fight the outbreak both on a national and local level.The Role:
As a COVID-19 Tester you will be an integral part of the Test Centre Team, contributing to its success. Reporting to the Tester Supervisor, you will work alongside Boots colleagues and other partners to deliver brilliant patient care to test essential workers and members of the public. Full training will be provided, and full Personal Protective Equipment will be supplied in line with NHS standards. Hours of work to cover a working pattern over 7 days a week with rest breaks, either 9hrs (per shift) (08.30-17.30) for a 9.00am-5.00pm site, or, 7hrs (per shift) (07.30-14.30/13.30-20.30) for 8.00am-8.00pm sites.Tester Responsibilities:
- Delivers brilliant care at test centres, responding quickly to all patients’ needs while reassuring individuals throughout the testing process
- Confidently performs the throat and nasal swab testing procedure in line with current clinical standards, while adhering to hygiene, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and NHS standards
- Understands testing targets and goals for the test centre.
- Efficiently delivers the daily tasks and testing plan, including; packing up samples, stock management, completing testing administration and procedures in line with expectations
- Follows the high presentation standards, and understands their legal obligations for the site to operate safely
- Complies with all safety rules and procedures to ensure their own safety and that of colleagues and patients at all times
- Shares knowledge and insights with other members of the team so we can learn together
- Is knowledgeable about the service
- You will be passionate about great care
- A team player that loves to contribute to team success
- You will demonstrate high presentation standards and ability to work safely and efficiently
- Can be flexible and adaptable, meeting the day to day patient requirements at the site to optimise patient care and service
- Must not have a long-term condition
- Must not be pregnant
- Must not have a weakened immune system through medical conditions or therapy
- Willingness to work outside (weather protection will be provided)
- Risk status of family members in the same household
First Aid Support and facilities onsite
Your application will be processed, and you’ll be contacted shortly informing you of the next steps. Interviews will be held via telephone to avoid unnecessary contact and travel to site.Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.