Finance Manager - Controls ___ ComplianceJob reference: 133702BR
Delivery of the controls and compliance objectives is absolutely key to the Group’s future aspirations making it an exciting and challenging place to be. The role is crucial for driving compliance with both internal standards and external regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley. We are looking for someone who can lead change, set an example to others, and innovate solutions in a complex, challenging environment thereby being a leader, guide and coach. This department gives real insight and contacts across the whole Boots business, providing a real opportunity for career development within Boots.
- To manage independent control testing and evaluation for key process controls to a standard that supports external SOX reporting and to identify best practice and consistent standards to be rolled out across the business
- Gain a detailed understanding of processes currently in operation and identify the key controls and risks; achieved through planning and execution of independent process reviews, process documentation, control testing and evaluation to ensure that controls are robust
- To ensure that gaps, weaknesses or inefficiencies in process or control are adequately addressed in a timely manner whilst driving process improvement by focusing on simplification and getting things right first time
- To support communication and education of control and compliance across the business through close working relationships; in particular act as a controls subject matter expert on a number of high profile ad-hoc projects, including current system development programmes
- Partnering the wider finance function in risk and control matters as well as liaising with Group on the wider Financial Control remit
- Developing and challenging the team and others around you
A bit about you…
- Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CIA)
- Experience of assessing and challenging financial processes and associated risks and controls, gained from external or internal audit assignments (relevant SOX experience would be an advantage)
- Possess first class stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate and influence individuals at all levels within the organisation
- Resilient and flexible, with the ability to cope with a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well as part of a team whilst, at the same time, have the independence to be able take the lead for specific areas and to deliver quality results to tight deadlines while manage a diverse workload.
A bit about us…
The Finance team is fundamental to our success, playing an active role across the entire business ensuring targets are met and strategies are understood.
As trusted advisors, we’re involved in a wide range of activities; reviewing weekly and monthly sales-margin-cost performance and assessing the performance of key promotions to partnering the business teams to develop and track the performance of new store openings, new customer propositions like a new online trading platform, to some large scale IT investments.
It’s a supportive, collaborative and committed team. We’re big on communication and we hold quarterly conferences to celebrate our successes. We have a strong development culture, showcased at our annual yoUniversity week, which encourages our colleagues to focus on their potential and wellbeing. If you’re keen to build your career - there’s no better place as you’ll be supported to take on new challenges and develop your skill set with access to opportunities across the Boots UK, Global Brands and Boots Opticians Finance teams.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
- Annual discretionary bonus plan
- Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
- Competitive company pension scheme
- Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
- Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
- Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
To become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact Sanjeet.Kamal@boots.co.uk.