Data AnalystJob reference: 132868BR
Global Brands Research manages cohorts of human volunteers and conducts consumer and clinical studies in order to build insights, test new ideas, technologies and products. We provide data that supports business decisions and generate brand equity in the innovation and new product development domain. We conduct testing with consumers in their homes as well as conducting scientific and clinical trials within our own Research Centre and with partners around the world. We ensure that our pipeline of innovation delivers real results, that our customers love. Working as a Data Analyst, you will inform the design of robust, statistically valid studies. You will assess study data in order to help screen and validate new technology performance and you will help identify insights and key trends, that will inform future study designs and feed an innovative product pipeline, ensuring it is fit for the future.
• Ensure our all studies (e.g. self-perception home user trials, attitudinal questionnaires, instrumental studies and clinical trials) meet accepted statistical norms
• Statistical analysis and interpretation of complex study data to identify trends and insights
• Present clear conclusions and recommendations in an engaging way
• Develop and implement new databases, integrated data collection systems, data analytics, predictive models and other strategies that optimize the use of previous and new data libraries, to ensure statistical efficiency.
A bit about you…
• Ideally, you will have a degree or PhD in psychology / human biology or a related technical discipline and have experience of analysing data, identifying trends and drawing conclusions from intervention studies carried out on human populations
• Able to create study strategies and design data acquisition human trials using power calculations and sample size estimations
• Experience with statistical software (e.g. Alteryx, SPSS, SAS ect) and proficiency using SQL
• Expertise in working with large data sets, structured and unstructured, using data mining techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarisation
• Expertise in both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, neural networks & deep learning, natural language processing, ensembling.
• Experience with analytical programming languages (e.g. Python, R)
• Clear communicator of complex statistical principles with ability to influence and manage expectations with stakeholders. Can visualise data in engaging formats.
What we can offer you
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition. We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy – please contact email@example.com.
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please visit: https://globalbrandscareers.wba.com/.