Newsroom Communications Manager - Global BrandsJob reference: 131677BR
About the role:
We are looking for a strong internal and external communicator, preferably with some journalism experience, to take on an exciting new publishing-led approach for our global beauty brands and business. Increase engagement, impact and positivity by sharing the right message and the right time to the right audience, creating and delivering personalized and agile content in order to tell the stories of our corporate business, brands and people tailored for a variety of audiences. And have fun doing it!
• Tell our Corporate Communications stories as part of newsroom setup
• Manage and collaborate with rapid response team of sub-editors, designers, writers and publishers to create exciting and engaging content for internal and external purposes
• Support creation of global internal/external corporate strategy, principles and toolkits for global brands and corporate/internal comms
• Ability to write best in class comms content – e.g. senior stakeholder speeches, press releases, news articles
• Liaise regularly with global agency partners and internal wider business teams
• Organise and deliver global internal and external events
A bit about you:
• Expert in delivering strategic thinking through a communications and PR lens
• Experience in Corporate Communications
• Some writing/journalism experience would be great!
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with an eye for best in class content
• Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously in a highly matrixed organisation
• Ability to deliver a Right the First Time brief and best in class content at pace
• Experience of managing agencies and working on integrated comms campaigns
• Fun and collaborative spirit!
A bit about us:
At Walgreens Boots Alliance – Global Brands, we believe in being PIONEERING, INSPIRATIONAL and CONNECTING with people. Our market leading brands such as No7, Liz Earle, Soap&Glory and YourGoodSkin touch the lives of millions all over the world. We put the consumer at the heart of everything we do using real time insights to activate brands and products on a global scale. With a passionate and innovative approach to Beauty and Healthcare, we are shaping the future of health and wellbeing for everyone. We are part of Walgreens Boots Alliance, a global leader in pharmacy-led retail with more than 18,500 stores globally, helping people live happier and healthier lives.
What we can offer you:
We offer the chance to work in a consumer led environment with the chance to make an impact on a global scale. With a truly entrepreneurial mind-set, we recognise the importance of a diverse workforce who work collaboratively with shared values and ambition.
We invest in our people by challenging you and developing you, and provide a great local reward scheme including:
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
If you have any queries regarding this vacancy – please contact email@example.com
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To learn more about our functions, explore our brands and find opportunities all over the globe please visit: https://globalbrandscareers.wba.com/.