About the opportunity
Our Mobile Dispensing Opticians play a key role in the area at providing crucial clinical support in stores for regulated dispensing. You will work very closely with a Mobile Optometrist and provide a customer experience where there is a seamless journey for the patient from chair to dispense.
key responsibilities include:
- Role models, leads and delivers exceptional care, supporting patients and customers to make appropriate choices regarding optical and healthcare products and services
- Works flexibly across the opticians area according to business need, continually developing their knowledge so that they can be at their best for patients and customers
- Provides expert knowledge for patients with more specialist requirements
- Exemplary in working to deliver complete healthcare solutions for our patients and customers, coaching other opticians team members to do the same and where appropriate works with the Boots Healthcare teams to give a one health solution
- Supervises the development, education and training of colleagues and supports and mentors students (including Student Dispensing Opticians)
- Complies with the standards of practice and the current Boots Opticians clinical policies and standard operating procedures
- Supports the opticians team to deliver an efficient model day and other operational processes to ensure that the opticians business trades legally and safely
- Involved in regular store leadership team meetings to ensure high clinical standards are maintained to support patient safety
- Actively embraces and advocates the digital agenda and introduces customers to these tools where appropriate through great conversations
- Mobile to travel to stores within the area where required
To be successful in this role you will have a high level of professional expertise and be passionate about driving high customer care across multiple stores. Key capabilities include:
- Registered with the General Optical Council (GOC)
- Great relationship building skills. You will be working very closely with a range of stakeholders including store and area leaders, peers, customers and external local professionals
- Exceptionally high clinical standards
- Exemplar in working to lead and deliver our Healthcare Ambition, to be the first choice for patients for their dispensing needs
- Keeps up to date with their own learning and development, completing all continual education training CET as part of the GOC requirement
- Digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- Attractive bonus scheme
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one. What’s next?
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
Our Diversity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a good work life balance.
This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.