Pharmacy Learning and Development DesignerJob reference: 128863BR
Boots is the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc, the first global pharmacy-led health and wellbeing enterprise.
Overview of the role
This role leads and designs simple, efficient, patient-centred training interventions of high quality that will result in the delivery of exceptional patient-centred care in our stores. This role represents the Chief Pharmacist’s Office and strives to deliver for the best interests of patients and our healthcare colleagues in all workstreams.
The heartbeat of this role is growing our Healthcare Academy content so that the academy supports our healthcare colleagues and professionals in their day-to-day practice as well as with their development and
career aspirations, to deliver exceptional patient-centred care. This role works closely with the Professional Development team to deliver the ongoing development of c.25,000 healthcare colleagues.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract role.
· Accountable for scoping, designing and developing patient-centred professional training
· Accountable for developing learning interventions that are engaging, simple for learners and informed by learner insights.
· Creates learning interventions which utilise blended learning approaches
· Work closely with Professional Standards colleagues in CPO to ensure professional standards for training are met
· Proactively connects own workstreams across all Professional Development/Healthcare Academy workstreams as appropriate
· Works to create market-leading, externally recognised training interventions that they are right for our business and innovative in their nature
· Creates strong relationships with stakeholders in Support Office, stores and Healthcare Academy Trainer Teams to ensure consistent production of market-leading, insight-infused
· training solutions
· Works closely with the Professional Standards and Development Managers, Healthcare Academy Delivery Managers and L&D Partners to ensure we design the right solutions and that
· the Healthcare Academy Trainers deliver to the highest standards
· An authentic, highly credible and impactful Pharmacist, Pharmacy Technician, Dispensing Assistant or Pharmacy Advisor with a passion for professional standards and professional
· development in a pharmacy-led retail environment
· As a member of the Healthcare Academy team pro-actively contributes to the wider academy agenda to support stores to receive a seamless learning experience from the different
· Professional Development workstreams
Our Ideal Candidate
· Registered with GPhC (Pharmacist or Pharmacy Technician)
· Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in community pharmacy, preferably with a background in people development and training
· Strong commercial awareness
· Line management experience in stores (desirable)
· Lives and breathes exceptional patient-centred care
· Excellent communicator (verbally & written)
Travel will be required for meetings/events etc, flexibility for evening meeting/events attendance and working in stores at least 5 days per year.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact Kishan.Gokani@boots.co.uk.