Operations Assistant - FTC 6 MonthsJob reference: 128768BR
Here at Boots we’re always on the lookout for great talent! We have exciting opportunities at our Support Office Supply team based in Nottingham.
The Supply team offer training and continuous coaching and support throughout. You will also feel motivated and valued. Great team spirit is very obvious within this area. The team are always showcasing their colleagues with the great incentives they have to offer. Not only will you feel empowered by what are doing you will also feel like you a making a difference.
This role is primarily to support the production of customs documents and declarations relating to movement of products to our Irish stores.
This role is brand new, coming in to force following new rules and legislation after Brexit. Lots of training on international trade will be available to help embed and develop this new role.
You will work with colleagues in the Import & Export team, transport partners, vets, warehouse and software providers.
The role reports to the Assistant Supply Chain Operations Manager – Ireland.
*Please Note – This role will involve working one Saturday in two, however you will get a day off during the week when you do work a Saturday*
• To complete import and export declarations for all goods moving to stores in Ireland through appropriate customs portals. This will include returns for goods coming back in to the UK
• Provide shipment information to our transport partners so they can provide trailer information to the port authorities ready for departure from the ferry ports
• Oversee quality of master data in SAP for specific import/export requirements (Commodity code, meursing code, second quantities)
• Work with our software providers to resolve any errors holding up customs declarations and transport movement
• Classification of new lines to determine duty rates for goods being imported to Ireland
• To be an effective team member, working with cross functional teams across the business
A bit about you…
• Some knowledge of Import/Export experience desirable (but not essential)
• Experienced in supply management or has a strong understanding of the principles that underpin strong end to end supply chain performance
• Ability to prioritise workload and work to time critical deadlines
• Ability to communicate at all levels
• Excellent attention to detail
A bit about us…
We’re more than just trucks and sheds here.
We’re a world class, award-winning operation– ensuring that our customers have access to the right products at the right time in any of our stores across the UK.
If you’re ambitious, can build great relationships with suppliers across the globe, and collaborate across many different departments, then Supply Chain is a great place to develop your career.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org