Cost ManagerJob reference: 127938BR
The Cost Manager will support the Senior Manager Property Operations in leading, developing and managing our National teams of Quantity Surveyors and Cost Managers. The incumbent will oversee the annual property cost expenditure and all associated cost management, whilst taking a leading role in managing the Property function’s cost reduction strategy.
• Oversee annual Property cost expenditure and all associated cost management
• Support and validate all market tendering activity and supplier relationships to ensure we achieve the best value at all times. Issue detailed outputs for tender results, model costs, schedules of rates, cost saving initiatives, supplier stock holding and forecasts
• Support all cost management services, service level agreements for third party cost management practices, cost tracking actuals & forecast expenditure against budgets and approvals
• Oversee cost governance for Property, including supporting internal capital approval processes on behalf of the team & collating cost information for Board papers and presentations
• Support accurate reporting to finance of our Fixed Asset Register (FAR), and pull FAR reports together to support projects, as needed
• Develop and maintain standard documentation, templates and procedures to facilitate the efficient and transparent management of construction costs
• Provide all Capital Allowances information as required by Group Taxation
A bit about you…
• Market tendering & retail construction/fit out experience with sound and strategic business acumen
• Chartered Quantity Surveyor
• Advanced Excel skills, use of VBA Macros and fully IT literate incl full use of office suite
• Drives robustness and discipline, holds people to account at a senior level, sets clear and high expectations and commercially astute
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills, organised and manages time effectively
A bit about us…
As well as the challenge and responsibility of an integral role in the Property Team, you’ll find opportunities for development and progression. The very best candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package and in addition to this we also offer extensive benefits
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and more.
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact Kishan.Gokani@boots.co.uk