I want to work for Boots
I already work for Boots
Newly Qualified Pharmacist
Pharmacy Store Management
Pharmacy Support Colleague
Regional Pharmacy Roles
Boots Opticians Franchise
Optical Support Colleague
Regional Opticians Roles
Pharmacy Store Management
Pharmacy Support Colleagues
Supply and Demand Planning
Business Support and Operations
Buying and Merchandising
Communications and PR
Corporate Social Responsibility
Insights and Analytics
Marketing and Brand
Pharmacy (Support Office)
Property and Estates
Research and Development
WBA – Global Brands
Our Legendary Leaders: Fauzia Somani – VP, Director, Future of Pharmacy
View all stories
Year in Industry
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type
I want to work for Boots
I already work for Boots
Senior Personalisation ___ Customer data Scientist
Nottingham Support Office
Insight and Analytics
Hours per week:
Over 35 hours per week
Senior Personalisation and Customer Data Scientist
This role is a key part of the Personalisation and Customer Data Science team; our assignment is to develop customer focused digital personalisation activity, deploying innovative techniques and designing test and learn programmes supporting our commitment to improve the lives of our customers and patients. The successful candidate for this role will be educated to a PhD in a STEM subject along with experience of applying this knowledge to innovate.
The Data & AI Team, shortlisted for the ‘Best Analytics Team’ DataIQ Award 2019, is an industry acclaimed data science team within the Walgreens Boots Alliance group. Our team provides globally scalable solutions for complex and diverse business problems and supports data-driven decision making across our global businesses.Our ethos is simple, provide the scope, resource and autonomy for talented people to allow them to do what they do best - create amazing analysis, data products and services. We’re looking for talented Data Scientists to join our growing team of Data Scientists and Engineers. People who are innovative problem solvers, are comfortable working both independently and within a team, willing to take on a high level of ownership and who relish a big challenge.Successful candidates will bring strong technical and investigative abilities and a passion for delivering results for customers - internal and external. So, if you are passionate about working with data to solve business problems and excited by the idea of joining a trend-setting analytical team, we’d love to hear from you.
What You'll Be Doing
You can expect to be involved in the following:
• Leading the development of innovative scalable solutions for complex and diverse business problems through use of analytical techniques, machine learning and deep learning.
• Collaborating on commercial and customer focused projects with colleagues from around the business to develop innovative digital personalisation solutions
• Designing, developing and delivering world-class algorithms and predictive models, leveraging statistical, machine learning and AI methods to improve the way we interact with our customers and patients
• Visualisation and communication of actionable insights and providing convincing and practical, commercial recommendations to audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
• Coaching junior Data Scientists and provide inspiration, support and technical guidance for the wider team.
A Bit About You
We are looking for someone who combine a passion for understanding customers and patients, independent thinking with problem-solving skills, work well in a team and have a flexible and agile approach to work. Skills and Experience
Basic Qualifications: Common across all our previously successful candidates;• PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research, Physics, Mathematics, Computational or Decision Sciences, or a related quantitative field is desired
• Experience with analytical programming languages (e.g. Python, R) or other machine learning, statistical or mathematical software is essential
• You can demonstrate previous experience of using SQL
• You will have previously worked with big data
• Experience in understanding and interpreting business questions and using available data, quantitative modeling and statistical techniques to develop practical solutions.
• Strong communication and data presentation skills; the ability to build convincing recommendations and sell these to a non-technical audience
• The ability to work with others as part of an agile team focused on delivering a business goal
• Strong attention to detail, including a commitment to data protection and the ethical use of data
• Able to own your development, always looking to improve yourself and invest time in developing less experienced team members
Desirable Qualifications: Previously successful candidates have matched one or more of the below;
• Demonstrable record of delivering results in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Dealing well with ambiguity and an expertise in prioritisation of needs.
• Expertise in working with large data sets, both structured and unstructured, using a range of data mining techniques such as anomaly detection, clustering, regression, classification, summarisation.
• Expertise in both supervised and unsupervised machine learning techniques such as regression, classification, clustering, dimensionality reduction, neural networks & deep learning, natural language processing, ensembling.
• Knowledge of working with cloud platforms and tools, particularly Microsoft AzureCompetencies/ Professional Skills
• Problem solving skills - shows initiative, eager to learn (self-learner/researcher) and when working self-sufficiently demonstrates responsibility and accountability.
• Flexible and agile work skills - comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment.
• Business focus and commercial awareness - understands company strategies and priorities and can plan workload and technical solutions accordingly.
What we can offer you:
Joining the Data and AI team means entering a world of freedom, support and possibilities where you are encouraged to think bigger, be bolder and try new things. We offer you the opportunity to be part of something ambitious, to have a global impact and many opportunities to develop your career.
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays & option to buy an additional 5 days annual leave
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Market leading staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen and Dry Cleaning
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a number of flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
If you have any questions or queries regarding this vacancy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.