Newly Qualified Pharmacist
Pharmacy Store Management
Pharmacy Support Colleague
Regional Pharmacy Roles
Boots Opticians Franchise
Optical Support Colleague
Regional Opticians Roles
Pharmacy Store Management
Pharmacy Support Colleagues
Supply and Demand Planning
Business Support and Operations
Buying and Merchandising
Communications and PR
Corporate Social Responsibility
Insights and Analytics
Marketing and Brand
Pharmacy (Support Office)
Property and Estates
Research and Development
WBA – Global Brands
Top 5 reasons to become a Business Analyst
View all stories
Year in Industry
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type
I want to work for Boots
I already work for Boots
Isle Of Wight, Ventnor
Hours per week:
Over 35 hours per week
Need to know
This is a great opportunity to join our Isle Of Wight Pharmacy Team. We have a fantastic support network on the island with excellent career opportunities to develop both your community and clinical expertise. We have relocation packages if you wish to live on the island and also will cover expenses for the relief pharmacist positions.
The Isle of Wight is under new Area Management and they are looking at adding to their already strong pharmacy teams. Our accounts provide many local and national services to the community and most pharmacies have an NHS contract attached to them.
The Isle of Wight is a great place to live and has an established network of both local and international colleagues enjoying life on the island. We have full time, part time, and contract positions available.
For this particular role the hours are 9:00am-5:30pm Monday to Saturday (with 1 day off per week on a rota).
The successful Pharmacist would be joining a team of seven, including an ACPT, with over 100 years Boots experience between us, dispensing 1600 items per week. There is free parking behind the store.
Ventnor is a lively and unique seaside town on the South of the Isle of Wight. The community is diverse and there is a thriving arts scene. Ventnor benefits from its own microclimate and the temperature is always a few degrees higher than the rest of the island. This allowed the planting of Ventnor botanic gardens with some plants only found here in the UK.
Store Manager Tessa says, “I am really proud of my team, they know most of our patients by name. Patient care is top of the agenda and our patients seek and value the advice of the pharmacist. The Isle of Wight has many unique local services making this an ideal role for a Pharmacist that loves being on the front line, spending 1 to 1 time with our patients.”
For more information please contact regional recruiter Dean – Dean.Palmer@boots.co.uk
The full time equivalent salary for this role will be between £34,000 - £55,500
Closing date is 24/8/2020
We are the UK’s leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK, our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they thought possible. For over 165 years, we have used our expertise to help improve the health and wellbeing of local communities. Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance.
What’s in it for you?
Click here to explore how your Pharmacy career can progress with us…
Career Progression: You will be able to develop your career with a wide variety of opportunities. From continuing your professional development in clinical services, to becoming one of over 2,200 Macmillan Information Pharmacists, or progressing into store management we’ll give you all the training and support you need from our award winning L&D team.
Variety: With the chance to work in the community, in local health centres and hospitals, to busy retail stores and airports, you will be able to do what you love. You’ll be working in a fast paced, inspiring environment that allows you to deliver genuine care and build great relationships with your patients and customers, and your team.
Reward: You will receive a competitive company pension scheme, excellent staff discount, discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday along with having access to additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that suits your individual needs.
As a Relief Pharmacist with us, it goes without saying you will be providing excellent customer and patient care that will be inspiring and reassuring. It’s more than just dispensing medicine, it’s looking after our customers and patients, listening to them and giving expert advice.
Key responsibilities include:
• You will work within a variety of stores, over multiple locations, ensuring expert care and service is delivered at all times, with an adaptable and proactive mind-set
• Working in partnership with the healthcare team using your own intuition, expertise and experience to deliver complete care solutions for our customers and patients
• Setting the standard of what a brilliant pharmacy ‘looks and feels like’ from an operational perspective by working in partnership with your pharmacy technician
• Delivering the pharmacy strategy through care conversations with customers and patients providing expert advice throughout
• Accountable for professional pharmacy legal & ethical decisions in the pharmacy
• Actively supporting the development, education & training of colleagues; building pharmacy capability of store teams
• Conducting regular reviews, audits and risk assessments to protect patient and public safety
• Work to deliver world class professional services – personally and through the pharmacy team
Our ideal candidate
To be successful in this role you will have a professional, caring character and true desire to help others feel good. In addition you will:
• Be registered with relevant pharmacy Regulator (GPhC, PSNI, PSI)
• Demonstrate high levels of professional expertise and be widely respected by stakeholders, peers, customers/patients and external local professionals
• Have excellent knowledge of pharmacy operations and provisions of national and local services
• Be commercially astute, understand the growth and development of the healthcare industry
• Role model first class communication skills, where you will hold excellent face to face interactions with all types of customers and patients
• Thrive in a team centred approach with strong collaborative working
• Have a passion for keeping up to date with your own learning and development, completing all Pharmacist mandatory and directed training
• Be digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology