Newly Qualified Pharmacist
Pharmacy Store Management
Pharmacy Support Colleague
Regional Pharmacy Roles
Boots Opticians Franchise
Optical Support Colleague
Regional Opticians Roles
Pharmacy Store Management
Pharmacy Support Colleagues
Supply and Demand Planning
Business Support and Operations
Buying and Merchandising
Communications and PR
Corporate Social Responsibility
Insights and Analytics
Marketing and Brand
Pharmacy (Support Office)
Property and Estates
Research and Development
WBA – Global Brands
My role, my apprenticeship, and how I’m giving back to the community
View all stories
Year in Industry
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content
Search in excerpt
Search in comments
Filter by Custom Post Type
I want to work for Boots
I already work for Boots
UI Designer, boots.com – Boots UK
Nottingham Support Office
Hours per week:
Over 35 hours per week
As a UI Digital Designer, you have an amazing opportunity to play a part in creating the future digital experience of Boots. As part of the Digital Experience team, our UI Digital Designers create beautiful, simple and coherent experiences for our customers, however they choose to interact with us.
We’re looking for a creative and tech-savvy UI Digital Designer to join the boots.com Digital Experience team, to produce best-in-class UI/UX creative digital solutions, for our UK and ROI websites. Working within a team of designers, copywriters and UX specialists, you’ll be a guardian of the Boots digital experience and ensure we are delivering on-brand, market-leading, customer focused experiences. You’ll join a dynamic team who push boundaries and enjoy working in a challenging fast-paced environment.
• Ownership, governance and communication of our digital design principles, working within our User Centred Design (UCD) process, you’ll be willing to challenge, flex and expand upon these principles, to answer commercial needs and push the digital experience forward.
• Leading key digital design User Experience projects including researching and defining the right experience, balancing customer needs, business goals and technical restrictions. Including competitor/comparative reviews, insights analysis, customer missions and mindsets, persona needs and sketching.
• Managing key stakeholders through approval and sign-off processes at key design stage-gates.
• Building and maintaining relationships with key creative stakeholders and agencies to develop creative solutions for marketing campaigns that are ‘fit for purpose’ digitally and integrated with other channels.
• Providing consultancy support to the design production team including clear handovers, design guidelines and a kit of parts for each activity.
• Consulting with third-parties producing digital platforms for Boots, ensuring that the Boots digital experience remains consistent and to the highest standards.
• Staying current with emerging technology, industry best practices and design trends/patterns, thinking about how these can be applied to our business.
A bit about you…
• User Interface (UI) Design and Visual Design knowledge is essential
• An understanding of UX is helpful
• Ability to interpret design briefs
• Proficient in Adobe Design software
• Excellent project management and organisation skills
• Ability to confidently communicate with others
• Flexibility, as ‘out of hours’ working will be required.
A bit about us…
Work right at the heart of the business and join us on the exciting journey we’re on.
Be involved in a variety of projects – working with great people and brilliant brands. Fast paced and extremely passionate, our Marketing and Digital Experience teams drive our success and keep our customers coming back for more, through inspiring and innovative communications. Promoting our latest products, delivering great offers that make our customers feel good and inspiring our colleagues.
Boots UK is part of the Retail Pharmacy International Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance and is the UKs leading pharmacy-led health and beauty retailer. With over 2500 stores in the UK our purpose is to help our customers look and feel better than they ever thought possible. You can learn more by visiting boots.jobs.
What we can offer you:
• Competitive Salary
• 25 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays
• Annual discretionary bonus plan
• Generous staff discount scheme including Boots Opticians - frames and contact lenses
• Competitive company pension scheme
• Flexible benefits scheme available ranging from private medical insurance, holiday buying, cycle to work scheme and many more
• Onsite Staff Shop, Opticians, Gym, Costa, Canteen, Dry Cleaning and Cash Point
• Boots Benevolent Fund - a registered charity that can offer support to eligible current and former colleagues in the UK, as well as their immediate relatives and dependants, at times of financial hardship
Diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer several flexible working options to suit our colleagues’ needs including job share and part time working. Our website shows examples of colleagues enjoying different working patterns. If this interests you, please talk to us about it.
If you would like to become part of our story and make a difference – click apply and our recruitment partners will be in touch!
Please click the link below or copy and paste it into your browser for a peek into our fantastic Support Office: